Wood is a product of Nature — that is why it varies in color and graining patterns from plank to plank.
Hardwood flooring reacts to temperature, moisture, water and is vulnerable to superficial scratches hence should be maintained periodically and should not be exposed to the fluctuating temperature, moisture, water, sand and sharp objects. Any exposure to extreme humidity could result in damage to the wood flooring and wear layer.
Hardwood flooring, being a natural product, will continue to expand and contract through seasons. Even properly installed hardwood floors may consequently experience some separate (gaps) between planks at different times during the year. Don’t worry! Normally these expansion & contraction should disappear with the changes in humidity.
Ultra Violet (UV) light has an effect on the hardwood floor. Prevent UV fading by installing curtains or blinds, and occasionally rearranging furniture and area rugs to evenly distribute the exposure to light.
Nothing enhances the value of a home more than the rich, warm look of a beautifully finished hardwood floor. With proper care hardwood floors can last a lifetime. In this floor care & maintenance guide we bring you good maintenance practices that can extend the life of a hardwood floor finish for decades.
- Use recommended wood flooring cleaners only. Never use oil soap, wax-based products, or household cleaner containing lemon oil, tuning oil, or ammonia.
- Place walk-off mats at all exteriors entrances to capture most of the harmful dirt before it reaches the wooden floor to avoid scratches.
- Place floor protector pads or soft felt on the bottoms of the legs of the furniture.
- Keep pet’s claw trimmed.
- Wipe up food and other spills immediately with a dry or slightly dampened mop.
- Hardwood floors are not termite proof. Like all other woods, they require protection from termites, pests etc. It is recommended that you take a periodical maintenance service from an effective pest management agency.
- In the event of accidental accumulation of a large amount of water (e.g. from a blocked drainage), please contact our Customer Care representative immediately.